Ladbrokes have brought back 5000/1 Premier League bets for the first time since Leicester City defied those odds to win the title last season. But with no side offered at any longer than 1000/1 (Burnley, Hull & West Brom) to lift the trophy, fans hoping for a bumper pay day will need to rely on both Manchester clubs getting relegated for a 5000/1 windfall.
The same odds are offered for any side to win every game, while it's 5000/1 Leicester win an unprecedented trophy quad, or Burnley win the title with Middlesbrough in second. Everton fans hoping to win a life changing sum of money will do so if they successfully back their side to remain unbeaten before lifting the title.
The 'Leicester effect' means interest in outsiders winning the title is already up 300% compared to last season. Middlesbrough are the most popular long shot so far, with support for them meaning their title odds are already in to 750/1, from 1000/1.
Alex Donohue of Ladbrokes said: "The ship has sailed when it comes to fans backing their side at 5000/1, but we'll pay out at the same long odds if there's another incredible story to emerge in the Premier League this season."
He added: "Looking at this season's 5000/1 bets, it serves as a reminder of the feat Leicester pulled off. If anyone is to follow in the Foxes' footsteps, fans think Boro have the best chance."
2016/17 Premier League Season 5000/1 Bets
- Any team to win all their 38 Premier League matches
- Both Man City and Man Utd to be relegated
- Leicester to win the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup
- Burnley to win the Premier League with Middlesbrough finishing second (Repeat of last season's Championship)
- Everton to go unbeaten and win the Premier League
Related & Recent Articles
- Matt Stonie Favourite For Hot Dog Eating Contest
- World Cup Betting Offers Including Enhanced Odds
- Grand National Free Bet Offers
- Hull Favourites To Make Most Deadline Day Deals
- Play Free Sun Six To Win A Million
- Latest News