Do The Meccarena With Mecca Bingo
Added on Thursday 28th December 2017
Back in 2014 Gala Bingo put out their first Galalala advert. Since then other brands have tried to match this catchy tune but with limited success. However, Gala's big rivals, Mecca Bingo, may just be in with a shout. They've launched a brand new advertising campaign called Meccarena - and it's based on the hit single La Macarena by Los Del Rio.
In the advert above the action starts with a lady waiting on 1TG whilst playing at Mecca Bingo. She's accompanied by a delightful looking poodle who's quick to join in with the dancing. It's good to know that dancing dogs still have their place in TV bingo adverts.
The action soon moves from the lady's front room to the hairdresser, the outside of a royal palace, a shopping mall and finally the highlands of Scotland. Anyone anywhere can do the Meccarena! Finally the advert tells us about the current deposit bonus offer that's being offer by Mecca Bingo.
Words For Meccarena
La Macarena was the dance craze of 1993. Lines of people crossed their arms and jumped to the gentle Spanish dance track. Mecca Bingo have seized upon this idea and created Meccarena - it uses the same dance (see the video above) but the words are just a little bit different.
Need one number for the Meccarena
Palms so sweaty for the Meccarena
Hoping for a win? Do the Meccarena
By the way did you know that the original La Macarena was about a girl who cheats on her boyfriend (Huffington Post? Apparently, he's off to army whilst she's having a bit of fun with two of her friends. Nope, we didn't know that either.
How To Dance The Meccarena
The La Macarena dance itself has also changed. At the start you put your hands out but with one finger showing. For the second line you cross your fingers and then the rest of the dance is exactly the same as it was back in 1993.
- Extend your right arm out with your index finger extended.
- Extend your left arm out your your index finger extended
- Cross your right index & middle fingers
- Cross your left index & middle fingers
- Extend out your right arm, palms up
- Extend out your left arm, palms up
- Place your right arm over your chest
- Place your left arm over your chest
- Touch the right side of your head with your right arm
- Touch the left side of your head with your left arm
- Take your right arm and touch your right hip
- Take your left arm and touch your left hip
- Wiggle & then jump 90 degrees
Mecca Bingo have finally come up with a campaign to rival Gala Bingo, but they've gone one better by also adding a dance to a popular tune. The jury is out as to whether Meccarena is as catchy as Galalala. The former is not as punchy but it could grow on us. Whatever happens it's a highlight in terms of bingo adverts for 2017 and a good way to kick off 2018.
Yay Bingo - No Wagering
Pots Of Luck
Catch Up With The Latest Mecca Bingo News
- New Welcome Offers For Bingo Players
- Enter The £5000 Summer Holiday Giveaway
- Merlin Annual Passes Are Up For Grabs
- Everyone's A Winner At Fabrewlous Foxy
- Free Bingo For Which Bingo Award Winners