How To Play Texas Holdem Poker
Texas Holdem Poker is the most popular poker game in the world. Players get 2 down cards and subsequently receive 5 community cards dealt face-up in the middle of the table. The first three community cards are known as the flop, the fourth card is the turn card whilst the fifth and final community card is known as the river. Your hand is determined by using the best five of those seven cards. The object is to produce the best hand - whether that's through luck or bluffing your opponents during rounds of raising and betting.
Getting started with Texas Holdem is pretty easy - and most sites will guide you with tutorials or a poker school. This video below from Poker Stars offers a seven minute guide to No Limits Texas Holdem Poker. Liv Boeree will take you through the basics!
Holdem is the primary game at all UK poker sites - but there's plenty of options available depending on your experience and nature. For example you'll find tournaments, no limit games, limit games, cheap betting, freerolls and loads more. If you like playing against celebrities or sports stars then there are games for you too. Most sites run satellite tournaments for big tournaments including WSOP and Poker Millions - perfect if you're in search of the big money prizes.
Top Tips For Texas Holdem Poker
- High pairs from Aces to Tens are a good starting hand!
- Middle pairs have very little strength.
- Two unsuited high cards should usually be played at least to the flop.
- If your 2 cards are suited, don't overate them.
- Bet or call most of your drawing hands.
- If you don't have a drawing hand after the flop fold.
- Play more cautiously when you are the first to bet.
- Have fun!
Play Holdem' at Unibet Poker