Dream Home Prize Draw - Cash Winner
A £1.2million dream home known as Painter's Keep could be yours for just £2 in this house raffle. Endorsed by Love Islandís Amy Hart this competition is also aiming to raise funds for St Barnabas House & Chestnut Tree House. A minimum of 750,000 tickets need to be sold by the closing date.
Winner: James (£365,366)
Launched: 20th July 2020 Closed: 30th November 2020
Location: West Sussex, BN16 1RZ
House Value: £1200000 (4 Bedrooms)
Ticket Price: £2.00 (Free Entry Available)
Minimum Ticket Target: 750000
Tickets Sold: 390 Revenue: £780 (Estimated)
Cash Alternative: 80% of sales (after fees)
Painterís Keep is described as "an amazing detached property on the exclusive private estate of Kingston Gorse in West Sussex". It boasts 4 luxury bedrooms and some of these have ensuite bathrooms, dressing room and private balcony. On the ground floor there's a kitchen with modern appliances and a large living room with French doors. The property is spread over three storeys and this includes a third floor observatory.
How To Enter The Competition
To enter the competition you first need to select the number of tickets you wish to purchase and then confirm that you are over 18. You then need to answer a "skill" question. Note that you can't get the question wrong. Once you've got the right answer it's then simply a case of completing the transaction. A free entry route via postcard is available. Details of how to enter via this option can be found in the terms and conditions and FAQ sections of the site. Only one Postal Entry per Entrant is permitted.
As mentioned above the promoter aims to sell a minimum of 750,000 tickets (£1.5million revenue) before the property can be awarded. The competition is initially set to close at the start of Novemebr 2020 (extended). However the terms allow an extension of this up to three months. If insufficient tickets are sold then a cash alternative will be awarded. This will be based on 80% of the total value of the Entry Fees minus costs and overheads and the charitable donation. We don't quite understand what happens to the other 20% of Entry Fees taken?
No matter how many tickets do get sold there will be a donation to good causes. St Barnabas Hospices will receive a guaranteed minimum donation of £10,000. This donation will be at least £150,000 if the minimum number of tickets are sold and the house is awarded. Additionally the terms do refer to a shared link prize of £10,000. We're assuming that there is some kind of referral element within the competition however details with respect to this are missing from the terms and FAQ.
This looks like a stunning property and at just £2 a ticket is a lot more attractive than some of the Raffall houses. What we do like about this competition is that it gives details of costs. For example the promoters will pay stamp duty up to £91,250 as well as legal fees up to a maximum of £1200. The information about the house also mentions Council Tax banding and expected rentals. The only thing it lacks is images of the rooms and gardens but these can be found on their Facebook page.
The competition closing date was extended to the end of November and a £10,000 donation made to charity. However not enough tickets have been sold to award the house and a cash winner will not be drawn. Full details of the breakdown of the competition has been posted on Facebook. £780,512 was raised and £78,051 donated to charity whilst £181,053 taken for costs. Referral prizes were also paid out whilst the winner won an incredible £365,366.
Disclaimer: Details shown above were correct at time of writing and are provided for information purposes only. Images are used under fair use policy. Map location is approximated by Google based on postcode/location info. Any links provided are not an endorsement from Loquax. In some cases Loquax may earn a referral fee from sales this does not effect our review. We strongly advise all visitors do due diligence on each contest before deciding to enter. Terms and conditions apply. Begambleaware.org.
Dream Home Prize Draw Discussion
We're keen to hear your views on Dream Home Prize Draw. Join in the conversation below and share your experiences. You'll need to be a Facebook user in order to post. Please note that comments are not moderated and may not always reflect the views of Loquax Ltd.
Facebook Comments continue to have stability issues outside Loquax's control. We do apologise and share your frustrations. For comments to work properly you may need to switch off "enhanced tracking protection" within your browser's preferences. We've added a login to facebook button, just above this paragraph, that should, maybe, let you login and see the comments without needed to change the tracking protection.