Elite Competitions Holiday Lodge - Home Winner
A brand new Holiday Lodge situated in the idyllic setting of Newquay Bay Resort is the prize on offer in the second 'home competition' run by Elite Competitions. The prize includes all site fees for the first two years.
Winner: Angelo Couchman
Launched: 5th October 2020 Closed: 20th November 2020
Location: Newquay, Cornwall, TR8 4AS
House Value: £69000 (2 Bedrooms)
Extras: Includes First Two Years Of Fees (worth £11000)
Ticket Price: £15.00 (Free Entry Available)
Minimum Ticket Target: 14014
Tickets Sold: Unknown
Cash Alternative: 70% of ticket sales
Following the success of their first win a home competition, Elite Competitions are back again with another property giveaway. Surprisingly they've not gone for the house route but instead are offering entrants the chance to win a holiday home in Cornwall. On offer is a two bedroom fully furnished holiday lodge at the Aria Resort. According to the information on site you can holiday at the site all year round. However when not in use, the Aria Resorts letting team will rent it and manage it for you!
How To Enter The Competition
Comparing the prize description with the lodges on offer at Aria Resorts, the prize on offer is a Sunseeker Spirit. This comes with an open plan kitchen and dining area, open-plan living area, double glazing and central heating. The lodge looks pretty nice and is valued at just under £58,000! Fees are approximately £5500 per year so we make the prize valuation to be £69,000. The fees are well worth noting because if you win this prize then you will need to pay them in the years ahead.
To enter the raffle you need to be registered with Elite Competitions. Set up an account and then choose your tickets from the many that are available. You can pick your own ticket or use a Lucky Dip option. As far as we're aware there's no skill element involved. There is a free entry route though and this is outlined in the terms and conditions. Note that you will need to register an account to take advantage of this route. We don't believe that any funds will be donated to charity.
14,014 Ticket Sales
For this particular competition the promoter hopes to sell 14,014 tickets (total revenue between £126,126 to £210,210) by the mid October in order to conclude the draw. Note that Elite Competitions do like to change the prices of their tickets so look out for early bird and late entry deals. If insufficient tickets are sold then the competition can be extended by 7 days for up to four turns. If after that all the tickets are not sold then a winner will receive a cash alternative prize of 70% of tickets sales. The remaining 30% is retained by the promoter.
This is another expensive raffle from Elite Competitions, but they have shown they can reach their targets. We're not too keen on the way they price jumped things in their first house competition - we think it should be one price for all throughout the process. The ticket target is probably achievable but there's a huge potential profit to be be made if they sell all the tickets at £15. The main thing to be wary of is the costs of running a lodge! It's nice to see the first two years covered but after that make sure you can afford to run it without being dependent on rentals.
Competition closing date extended from 16th October to 20th November (4th extension).
Disclaimer: Details shown above were correct at time of writing and are provided for information purposes only. Images are used under fair use policy. Map location is approximated by Google based on postcode/location info. Any links provided are not an endorsement from Loquax. In some cases Loquax may earn a referral fee from sales this does not effect our review. We strongly advise all visitors do due diligence on each contest before deciding to enter. Terms and conditions apply. Begambleaware.org.
Elite Competitions Holiday Lodge Discussion
We're keen to hear your views on Elite Competitions Holiday Lodge. Join in the conversation below and share your experiences. You'll need to be a Facebook user in order to post. Please note that comments are not moderated and may not always reflect the views of Loquax Ltd.
More Facebook comments fun! The comments should work for most win a house listings however for a couple of the more recent ones comments aren't showing. That's another FB issue. We are looking at alternatives.