Pick A House - Home Winner

There are two houses to be won in this Ireland house competition. A hefty ticket price could win you either a 3 bedroom semi-detached home in Beaulieu Village, Drogheda or a 3 bedroom semi-detached home in Sea View Way, Blackrock, Dundalk.



Pick A House

Winner: Colin Hoey

Launched: 8th November 2020 Closed: 3rd April 2021

Location: Drogheda, Ireland,

House Value: 200000 (3 Bedrooms)

Ticket Price: 90.00 (Free Entry Available)

Minimum Ticket Target: 12000

Tickets Sold: 12000 Revenue: 1080000 (Estimated)

Cash Alternative: Refund of 95% Ticket Value

Enter Competition Here



Louth GAA are running a property competition in order to raise funds to help build Louth's new 14,000 capacity Stadium. To assist them with this endeavour they're running a property competition. However instead of one house winner they're aiming to make two. The winners will be able to choose a choice of two locations or take a cash alternative to the value of 200,000. As far as we're aware the competition is open to non-Irish residents and in that respect the cash prize alternative may a lot more attractive.

How To Enter The Competition

As far as we're aware both properties are brand new and look quite nice judging by the images on the website. The Sea View Way, Blackrock, Dundalk property looks particular nice with it's large windows and high ceilings. The Drogheda property looks like a more traditional family home and ideal for those who may wish to be located close to Drogheda Town Centre. One important thing to note with respect to this competition is that "the legal fees,stamp duties and any other outlays or expenses involved in the transfer of the property" are the winner's responsibility!

The way these kind of competitions work in Ireland is a little bit different than The UK. Instead of buying a raffle ticket for a few pounds entrants are required to become members of a social club. Once you purchase a ticket, you become a social member of Louth Gaelic Athletic Association until the end of 2021. You also then have the chance to win 1 of the 2 properties on offer. Interestingly despite the hefty cost of taking part these kind of promotions work quite well in Ireland!

12000 Tickets

Louth GAA are aiming to sell a minimum of 12,000 tickets (1.2million Euros) and a maximum of 25,000 tickets (2.5million Euros). If the first target is reached by the end of March 2021 then the prizes will be awarded. If not enough tickets are sold then the competition is cancelled and all monies will be refunded to entrants but at 95% of ticket cost (so 95 Euros). Details of where the other 5% goes is not explained although we'd assume that it was for administration costs.

As much as we like the look of one of the properties in this competition, the price tag of 100 Euros is pretty hefty. If you're interested in purchasing then do keep an eye on Facebook for promotions and offers. For example in December they have been offering cash prize incentives as well as BOGOF deals. The costs for the winner are probably the main consideration for would-be entrants, however the cash prize alternative offsets that.

Facebook Enter Competition Here


Disclaimer: Details shown above were correct at time of writing and are provided for information purposes only. Images are used under fair use policy. Map location is approximated by Google based on postcode/location info. Any links provided are not an endorsement from Loquax. In some cases Loquax may earn a referral fee from sales this does not effect our review. We strongly advise all visitors do due diligence on each contest before deciding to enter. Terms and conditions apply. Begambleaware.org.

Pick A House Discussion

We're keen to hear your views on Pick A House. Join in the conversation below and share your experiences. You'll need to be a Facebook user in order to post. Please note that comments are not moderated and may not always reflect the views of Loquax Ltd.

More Facebook comments fun! The comments should work for most win a house listings however for a couple of the more recent ones comments aren't showing. That's another FB issue. We are looking at alternatives.

Alternatives To Pick A House

top