Example Rules For Competitions & Prize Draws
Rules are a very important part of running your competition. To help you we've compiled a basic set of rules which you're quite welcome to copy and paste to use your on your site.
Prize Draw Rules
- Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
- Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified!
- Competitions are open to UK residents only unless otherwise stated
- Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address unless otherwise stated.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- Winners will be contacted via email names displayed on our website.
- The Judges decision is final and no correspondance will be entered in to.
- The competition will run from [start date] until [closing date].
- [Your Sitename] is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
Feel free to edit the rules as you see fit. For example you may decide your competition should be one entry per household or open to visitors around the world.
Rule 3 regarding automated entries is of particular importance and we advise all promoters to include this in their rules AND ensure it's applied.
We strongly advise everyone who runs competitions to monitor entries on a day to day basis! Check IP addresses of entrants, unusual fluctuations of traffic and referrers. Anything unusual is well worth investigating and long term will mean your competitions are fair to genuinely interested people.